So what makes a wine a “Father’s Day” wine? It’s pretty simple really. If it is a big, bruising, testosterone driven wine… it’s a Father’s Day wine. If it can be enjoyed with a huge cut of bloody red meat or massive amounts of BBQ and smoked beef… it’s a Father’s Day wine. If it can be sucked down on a hot summer’s day after mowing the lawn, out on the lake or during a round of golf… it’s a Father’s Day wine. But most importantly, if it makes you realize how much you appreciate the Old Man and brings you back to a memorable occasion that was shared over a bottle of vino…then that is the BEST Father’s Day wine of all.
Check out my Top 10 Below:
10. Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viogner, CA$10-$14
Yeah I started out with a white! Perfect opener for any outdoor
9. The Crusher Petite Sirah, Clarksburg $9-14
Because Father’s Day is a day for Fathers to “Crush it!”
8. Villa Antinori Toscana $16-23
This wine has been around for many family holiday occasions…
very versatile wine
7. E. Guigal Cotes du Rhone Rose $12-17
Because real men Drink Pink! Pretty masculine for a Rose.
6. Fiegl Collio Pinot Grigio $16-22
Forget Santa Margherita! This is the BEST Summer Pinot Grigio
5. The Prisoner, Napa $27-35
This Syrah/Zin/Petite Sirah Blend is made for grilled or smoked
4. Robert Mondavi Napa Cab or Fume Blanc $15-25
As a tribute to the Father of the Napa Valley
3. Jordan Alexander Valley Cabernet $35-45
One of my first Epiphany wine experiences involved a 1996 Jordan
Cab with my Dad…memorable.
2. Silver Oak Napa Cab $80-100
Every Father is entitled to live it up a bit, and this is THE Man’s
1. Francis Ford Coppola Director’s Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma $18-25
How can the Director of The Godfather not have the
#1 Father’s Day wine?!?! It’s an offer you can’t refuse…
Wishing all the fathers out there a very Happy Father’s Day, especially you Pops!